FEIBA (Factor VIII Inhibitor)
- Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex) For Intravenous Use
- Lyophilized powder in single-use vials containing nominally 500&1000 units per vial.
- Indicated for use in hemophilia A and B patients, Routine prophylaxis to prevent or reduce the frequency of bleeding episodes.
- Not indicated for the treatment of bleeding episodes resulting from coagulation factor deficiencies in the absence of inhibitors to factor VIII or factor IX.
- DRUG INTERACTIONS / Thrombotic events when systemic antifibrinolytics such as tranexamic acid and aminocaproic acid are used.
- Use of antifibrinolytics within approximately 6 to 12 hours after the administration of FEIBA is not recommended.
Shire is known as one of the world’s fastest growing specialty pharmaceutical companies. Today, it has value around US $5billion and is the third largest pharma company in the UK. It is the market leader in attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in the United States, as well as having a growing European network and an exciting set of products being developed for launch and marketing in the future. But only 27 years ago was it a tiny business above a shop. How did it become so successful?
For more than 230 years, Takeda has brought hope to people around the world through our people-centered and innovation-driven approach to science and medicine. As a global pharmaceutical leader, we focus on solving unmet needs where we can make a real difference—and on putting patients first. Our therapeutics focus is oncology, gastroenterology, and the central nervous system, as well as vaccines.