Human Albumin Flexbumin (20%)
• Flexbumin 20% Albumin in 50 mL GALAXY plastic container is a sterile, nonpyrogenic preparation of albumin in a single dosage form for intravenous administration.
• Each 100 mL contains 20g of albumin and was prepared from human venous plasma using the Cohn cold ethanol fractionation process. Source material for fractionation may be obtained from another U.S. licensed manufacturer.
• It has been adjusted to physiological pH with sodium bicarbonate and/or sodium hydroxide and stabilized with N-acetyltryptophan (0.016 M) and sodium caprylate (0.016M).
• The sodium content is 145 ± 15 mEq/L. This solution contains no preservative and none of the coagulation factors found in fresh whole blood or plasma.
• Flexbumin 20% is a transparent or slightly opalescent solution which may have a greenish tint or may vary from a pale straw to an amber color.