Human Albumin (Buminate 20%)
- Buminate 20% Albumin in 50 mL GALAXY plastic container is a sterile, nonpyrogenic preparation of albumin in a single dosage form for intravenous administration.
- Each 100 mL contains 20g of albumin and was prepared from human venous plasma using the Cohn cold ethanol fractionation process. Source material for fractionation may be obtained from another U.S. licensed manufacturer.
- It has been adjusted to physiological pH with sodium bicarbonate and/or sodium hydroxide and stabilized with N-acetyltryptophan (0.016 M) and sodium caprylate (0.016M).
- The sodium content is 145 ± 15 mEq/L. This solution contains no preservative and none of the coagulation factors found in fresh whole blood or plasma.
- Buminate 20% is a transparent or slightly opalescent solution which may have a greenish tint or may vary from a pale straw to an amber color.
Shire is known as one of the world’s fastest growing specialty pharmaceutical companies. Today, it has value around US $5billion and is the third largest pharma company in the UK. It is the market leader in attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in the United States, as well as having a growing European network and an exciting set of products being developed for launch and marketing in the future. But only 27 years ago was it a tiny business above a shop. How did it become so successful?
For more than 230 years, Takeda has brought hope to people around the world through our people-centered and innovation-driven approach to science and medicine. As a global pharmaceutical leader, we focus on solving unmet needs where we can make a real difference—and on putting patients first. Our therapeutics focus is oncology, gastroenterology, and the central nervous system, as well as vaccines.